- 1 Healthy vegetable soup recipe for weight loss
- 2 What to add in vegetable soup?
- 3 How to make healthy vegetable soup recipe?
- 4 Vegetable soup recipe in the slow cooker
- 5 Instant Pot
- 6 Making this veggie soup a main dish
- 7 How to include more flavor to vegetable soup?
Vegetable soup is like any traditional soup prepared at home and restaurant. It is using leaf vegetables and vegetables as primary ingredients. Therefore, it is called Vegetable soup. It dates back to the history of ancient times. It is a food product produced in large quantities in modern days. In other words, it is for a healthy vegetable soup recipe for weight loss and normal life. Click here for more info.
Soups, weight loss, and fat burning have always shared a very healthy relationship. You have heard nutritionists and health experts talking about including chicken soup in the diet of weight loss. It is because chicken Loaded with lean protein that helps you keep satiated for a longer time. However, what about vegetarian options?
Is vegetable soup great for weight loss too? The answer is yes, of course! Soups are an essential part of a dieter’s journey towards weight-loss. There is enough area to experiment with soups. You can throw in your favorite meat, veggies, spices, and herbs to make yourself a healthy and weight-loss friendly delight. Choose veggies that are high in fiber. Based on Dr. Shikha Sharma’s book, 101 Weight Loss Tips. Green salad with vinegar and vegetable soup or a dip made with hung yogurt or olive oil dressing is healthy and low-fat appetizers.”
One of our favorites recipes is weight loss healthy vegetable soup recipe, as you expected in the healthy vegetable soup recipe. Thus, it filled with fresh flavor and veggies.
Naturally, it is low calories and fat. It’s the perfect starter, snack, or lunch! While you eat it as a lunch or starter, to make this more of the main course for dinner, you often add your favorite proteins.
Healthy vegetable soup recipe for weight loss
Vegetable soup is tasty, healthy, and balanced as well as filling up. It’s effortless to make and perfect for afternoon snacks or lunch. It’s colorful, bright, and filled with all types of vegetables. Furthermore, you can easily add in whatever veggies you have on hand or like.
When you are trying to eat a small amount, especially in January after the holidays, so, you enjoy a small bowl of vegetable soup before each meal. Moreover, if you see Weight Watchers, this is a 0 point soup a freebie, and it’s 21 days fix approved, or you can use it as a snack to fill you over until dinner.
What to add in vegetable soup?
The broth: you prefer beef broth in soup for flavor. However, you can use broth, vegetable broth, or homemade stock if you prefer. Canned tomatoes with juice will add great flavor to this recipe too.
Vegetables: you love to add all types of veggies, and anything goes in this recipe.
You can add to the soup bulk of cabbage and will fill your belly. If you’re not a love of cabbage, you can most certainly replace it with kale or spinach. Consider that kale will add more bulk, and spinach will Shrink a little.
- Low Carbs Veggies: Celery, broccoli, zucchini, tomatoes, bell peppers, beans, cabbage.
- Starchy Veggies: Potatoes, carrots, corn, and sweet potatoes need longer to cook.
How to make healthy vegetable soup recipe?
- Preparation: Clean by water and cut all of your veggies. Arrange your vegetables by cook time, things that take the longest time you go in initial, same as carrots and cabbage while things that are quicker time you can go later on, same as zucchini and broccoli.
- Flavor: You add a touch of clean water or oil if you like and garlic as well as saute onion first for flavor. After that, add herbs or spices to your liking.
- Simmer: Bring the broth to a simmer with adding in veggies and allow to cook until become tender.
Vegetable soup recipe in the slow cooker
- Add to the slow cooker the saute onions and all ingredients.
- Cook on between 5 hours to 8 hours or until veggies become tender.
- Cook onions by using the saute function.
- Add all ingredients to the Instant Pot and make sure you don’t cross the limit.
- Cook on high pressure 6 mins, naturally releases 5 mins. Cook a long time if you prefer softer veggies.
Making this veggie soup a main dish
If you want to make into a main course, you can include healthy protein like leftover roasted and some grains or vegetables.
What proteins are added?
- Leftover chicken.
- Beef or ground turkey.
What grains are added?
- Whole wheat noodles.
- Cooked brown rice.
This soup isn’t the magic weight loss key. However, if you’re trying to burn calories, indeed, this is perfect to have in your refrigerator ready to enjoy when you need a quick meal or a snack!
How to include more flavor to vegetable soup?
You will love this vegetable soup, and it’s so delicious. You season with Italian Seasoning or add favorite herbs. Furthermore, you can add whatever you’d like. Also, here are some additions to change the flavor:
- Change canned tomatoes with spicy canned tomatoes.
- Add some dashes of hot sauce.
- Fresh herbs such as cilantro or basil.
- A cheese rind while cooking or parmesan cheese.
- Add balsamic vinegar a minimal amount.
- Bouillion or tomato paste.
How to freeze weight loss healthy vegetable soup recipe
This vegetable soup recipe is terrific since it can be made on the weekend to enjoy throughout the week, and it freezes well. You can spoon it into a single portion and servings it into freezer bags.
They’re straightforward to get out for a quick snack or meal and perfect to heat up for a fast meal on the go if you’re looking for something quick, healthy and balanced you’ll like this simple veggie soup recipe!
- One small onion- diced.
- Two cloves garlic- minced.
- One glass from diced carrots.
- Four glass from chopped cabbage- approx. 1/4 head of cabbage.
- One glass from green beans- 1″ pieces.
- Two whole bell peppers- chopped.
- One can- 28 oz low sodium diced tomatoes.
- Six mugs from low of sodium beef broth.
- Two tablespoons tomato paste.
- Two bay leaves.
- Half teaspoon each thyme and basil.
- pepper to taste.
- Two cups from broccoli florets.
- Two cups from sliced zucchini.
- In a large pot, cook garlic and onion over medium heat until slightly softened.
- Add cabbage, carrots, and green beans after that cook an additional 5 minutes.
- Stir in undrained tomatoes, bell peppers, tomato paste, broth, seasonings, and bay leaves. Simmer 6-7 minutes.
- Add in broccoli and zucchini. Simmer an additional 5 minutes or until softened.
- Remove bay leaves before serving.
Note: Before going to start any weight loss program, be sure to take consultation from your doctor.